RF amplifier targets FTTH applications
Based on its popular ACA2601, Anadigics, Inc. has released a new RF amplifier ACA2604 for fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) applications. The new amplifier features improved frequency flatness over temperature as required for domestic U.S. telco gigabit passive optical network (GPON) deployments. Like ACA2601, the ACA2604 contains an integrated AGC circuit. Competing products require an additional external circuit to implement AGC; hence, using the ACA2604 will lower bill-of-material (BOM) costs by eliminating many discrete components, said Anadigics. In addition, the new amplifier features a higher overall gain than the ACA2601, specifically 24 dB vs. 21 dB. This reduces the need for post amplification in the ONT/ONU or similar subscriber end equipment, according to the manufacturer.
In addition to the 24 dB gain, other key features of the ACA2604 amplifier include:
- 50 – 870 MHz operating frequency
- High linearity: 65 dBc CTB/CSO (79 channels)
- Low equivalent input noise: 4.5 pA/rtHz
- 400 Ω differential input impedance (No transformer required for photodiode interface)
- Single +5V supply
- 5 mm x 5 mm x 1 mm RoHS compliant surface mount package
- Pin-compatible with the ACA2601 RF amplifier
- Integrated AGC circuit with 22 dB gain adjust
General availability of the ACA2604 amplifier is scheduled for first quarter 2008.
Want to use this article? Click here for options!
© 2013 Penton Media Inc.
Acceptable Use Policy blog comments powered by Disqus
Most Popular Stories
CTIA Wireless IT & Entertainment 2010
Read the latest from the show...