Research and Markets has announced the addition of “European RFID Industry Outlook (2007-2010)” to its offering. This report provides extensive research and rational analysis on the RFID industry in Europe and helps clients to analyze the opportunities and factors critical to the success of RFID industry in Europe.
The report underlines the key issues related to the success of the industry and provides a prudent analysis on its various aspects. The countries that have been analyzed in the report include the United Kingdom, Germany, the Netherlands, Italy, France, Finland, Denmark and the rest of Europe.
- Rising consumer awareness and government support is driving the European RFID industry.
- It is expected that the European RFID industry will account for approximately 40% of the global RFID industry by 2016.
- In terms of global RFID projects, the United Kingdom is the second largest market after the United States.
- The RFID market continues to expand by research and innovations in various application areas like supply chain and pharmaceuticals.
- In 2006, RFID application in the retail and supply chain accounted for 55% of the total Western European RFID industry.
- RFID has become a top priority for many European countries in retail sector in terms of planned IT investment.
- Germany alone is expected to account for 25% of RFID tags usage in retail trade in Europe by 2010.
- Mass transportation is turning out to be a new area for RFID application.
Wi-Fi in RFID has emerged as an opportunity for the RFID and related vendors.