Synchronization subsystem for WiMAX cellular base stations and broadcast equipment
Symmetricom Inc. has introduced the TimeMAX, a series of cost-effective synchronization subsystems designed to be integrated into existing communications and transmission equipment. TimeMAX is a flexible GPS-disciplined time and frequency platform optimized for WiMAX and other applications that require precise frequency or time.
Mobile WiMAX (802.16e) requires frequency and time synchronization. Mobile WiMAX will need to support full handoffs and GPS is the recommended source for synchronization for WiMAX base stations. TimeMAX is designed to meet these synchronization requirements with its compact size, simple interface and optimized reliability.
Application areas include:
- WiMAX mobile base station timing
- broadcast (DVB, DVB-H, DAB, DTV)
- satellite communications equipment
- cellular base station (CDMA, TDMA, UMTS (for GPS-based timing))
Key features of the TimeMAX precision frequency and timing system include:
- Provides 10 MHz and 1PPS synchronized to GPS.
- Available in three different grades with different holdover and phase noise specifications.
- “Wide range of performance” makes it suitable as a key technology block for different applications.
The TimeMAX subsystem will be available for evaluation in the second quarter.
Want to use this article? Click here for options!
© 2013 Penton Media Inc.
Acceptable Use Policy blog comments powered by Disqus
Most Popular Stories
CTIA Wireless IT & Entertainment 2010
Read the latest from the show...